We are currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Professional Radiology Assistant
Professional Radiology Assistant
- Hourly, Non-Exempt
- Department: IT
- Supervisor: Manager, Radiology Concierge Services
JOB DESCRIPTION, REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Triage, manage and direct incoming calls from referring physicians, technologists and Radiologists within a call center environment
- Monitor system communication worklists and instant messaging requests - initiate appropriate action based on client guidelines to meet designated turnaround expectations
- Connect Radiologists with referring physicians to facilitate timely communication of exam results
- Call referring physicians on behalf of the Radiologists to ensure results are provided to the appropriate health care professional assisting in timely patient care. This includes faxing of exam reports upon request
- Respond to Radiologist requests for further exam preparation by facilitating exam readiness
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Document all communication and action taken on individual exams
- Continually maintain a high level of customer service
- Adjust work hours and/or work days to assure appropriate coverage to meet client needs
- Assist Radiologist during downtime situations based on client needs
- Promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and enhances productivity
- Perform other duties as assigned by displaying team spirit and self-growth, accepting projects and responsibilities
This position reports to the Radiology Concierge Manager and receives day to day guidance from the Team Lead. The Manager provides supervision of progress and results, while the team lead provides guidance concerning standardized procedures and general work instructions. Periodic review of work is conducted; specifically, a comparison of actual performance against established goals is evaluated.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree or equivalent work experience is required. Two years of health care experience in a hospital or outpatient office setting. Must have a thorough understanding of medical terminology. Radiology experience preferred.
Intermediate computer proficiency and keyboarding experience is required in this role.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required for this positon. This includes; the ability to consider individual communication preferences/needs and the ability to maintain a tactful and diplomatic demeanor in all communications.
Must have strong organizational, decision making and problem solving skills. This position requires the ability to quickly prioritize tasks and to continually make decisions based on client processes and expectations.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS:
Failure to be attentive to details to ensure there are no inaccuracies or oversights could ultimately result in an unfavorable patient experience. Confusion and loss of reputation could be a consequence, depending on the scope of a particular circumstance.
ROUTINE CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
The person in this role interacts directly with Radiologists, departments within our clients’ healthcare organizations and the clients’ referring physician community.
This position has high level access to confidential data pertaining to patient medical records and patient care. Must maintain strict confidentiality within the Canopy Partners, its clients and their customers. Failure to safeguard the aforementioned could negatively impact the company significantly, as the company could be liable for HIPAA violations and other related infringements.
Job duties require use of a computer (Microsoft Office Suite 2010 – Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, and SharePoint), Intranet, Clario, various PACS, VR applications, and other clinical/radiology related applications copier/fax/scanner and phone.
The flow of work and character of duties involve remaining in a seated stationary position and performing keyboard operations periodically; communicating with patients and internal and/or external customers frequently; and moving/traversing about the office or remaining in an upright stationary position on an occasional basis. Additionally, the person in this role may seldom climb stairs or position oneself as necessary to access resources pertinent to one’s desk/computer/files. Visual attention is necessary because frequent near acuity for computer usage is required. The person in this role needs to be able to
Professional Radiology Assistant 2019 Canopy Partners
detect smells for safety-related purposes on occasion. The position also requires an individual to be able to transport a computer, equipment and/or files weighing up to approximately 10 lbs.
Moderate noise associated with a typical work environment (computers, printers, and light traffic) is characteristic for this job.
CHARACTER AND SCOPE OF SUPERVISION:
The position by its nature and scope is broadly subjected to functional policies and goals, as well as general managerial direction. In this working role, the individual is solely responsible for his or her own work and does not have any direct reports.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.